Visa, check…. Fuel, check…. water, check… all set to go so… just one last look at the weather forecast…. and while I’m at it, any new e-mails?
Suriname holiday goes on hold!
My request to place swinging moorings on the Maroni River has reached a critical phase and I’m off to Cayenne to discuss final technical issues with the authorities.
If all goes well, I’ll be keeping to my proposed timetable of having supervised moorings in place before the year is out.
Here’s a sneak peek of a proposed placement.
Now it’s off to another meeting for discussions on electricity, water and Wi-Fi placement.
It turns out that building a marina in French Guiana takes tenacity…. Fortunately that’s a quality solitary sailors have in abundance… Otherwise we tend to fall off our yachts and drown.